I’ve had this little huffy crusier for a few years now.
We have traveled many miles together, putting more use to it than I ever thought I would.
I actually hauled it to Austin one year for the Austin City Limits Festival. If you are ever curious how much you will love a bicycle, take it to an insanely large, three day music festival. You have no choice but to bond with that bicycle and the sweaty, music loving people next to you.
The only thing that has ever bothered me about it was the small basket that came attached to it. Of course I painted it gold.
Silly, I know.
We actually live close to a store and since the littles are old enough to stay alone, I can take the cruiser to the store. But I can’t bring home hardly anything because of the basket (maybe that’s a good thing).
All the baskets I run across are small and not the greatest source of eye candy.
While I was out at Lowe’s, I ran across a seagrass basket from Allen + Roth, made sure the measurements would work and ran home with it. A simple DIY Seagrass Bicyle Basket
Spray Paint, If Wanted
1. Measure your bicycle before purchasing a basket.
2. If painting, tape off in the pattern desired. If you don’t have painters tape, don’t worry…..packaging tape works just as well.
Spray till your little heart is content.
Mine dried insanely fast.
3. Starting on the underside of the basket, run a cable tie up between the seagrass braid, loop around and go back down, making sure to cover the width of the bicyle rack.
4. Run the tie all the way through, trim excess and rotate the end to the inside of the basket.
And viola, you are set to take off in less than 30 minutes.
Feel free to either
click here to pin
click the image to pin
and save for later!
I’m joining in with several other bloggers on June 25th and 26th for DIY Days!
We are using items that we found at Lowe’s in unexpected ways. Be sure and check these ladies out and their projects!
1) Sondra at Sondra Lyn at Home ~ Reversible Checkerboard Wooden Tray
2) Sarah with Home-ology Modern Vintage ~ DIY Concrete Cacti Planter
3) Doreen with Hymns and Verses ~ DIY Jute Rope Love Sign
4) Ann with White Lace Cottage ~ Easy DIY Coasters
5) Allison from Two Thirty-Five Designs ~ DIY Seagrass Bike Basket
1) Barb at The Everyday Home ~ DIY Cutting Board
2) Meegan at What Meegan Makes ~ DIY Clamp and Crystal Sun Catcher
3) Jen at Girl in the Garage ~ DIY Bracelet Stand
4) Debbie at Refresh Restyle ~ Industrial Cage Light
5) Shanna at Restoration Redoux ~ DIY Coffee Table