How much do I DISlike the title of this recipe? More than you know, and it doesn’t help that EVERY family member has to make fun of the name.
Note to Self: I have got to be firmer on my rules of how we talk at the dinner table. Ok….
Anywho, this is crazy good and fills up yo tum tum especially on cold days. I always tend to jump the gun on this and make it when it’s 90 out…still good though. It makes a bunch and is fairly easy (what do I ever do that is not?), just takes a little time. It comes from one of my Favorite cook books, Eating For Life. So I know it’s good for us, win win win, hawsomeness….
I have a feeling I will be posting a lot more of his recipes, SO good in the winter ;).
1 onion, chopped
4 postions top round steak, cut into 1-inch chunks (I buy the diet lean stew meat already cut)
2 1/2 cups low-fat, reduced sodium beef broth
4 portions potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
1 lb baby carrots
2 celery stalks, sliced
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 Bay leaf
1/4 cup red wine~optional (not for me!)
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1. Lightly coat a large pot with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute’ until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Add beef chunks and saute’ until browned on all sides, about 6 minutes.
3. Add beef broth, potato chunks, carrots, celery, tomato paste, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf and red wine. Bring to a boil over high heat.
4. Reduce the heat to low. COver and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the meat is tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Remove bay leaf with a spoon or tongs and discard.
5. Spoon beef stew into bowls and sprinkle with parsley.
While the onion saute’s and meat browns, I mix all of the liquids and pepper together…
And get the tomato paste ready, my tends to boil fast so I end up dumping everything in at once..
tick tock, tick tock…
mmmmmmm, cornbread with honey and butta, mmmmmmmmmmmmm….
Maybe the cornbread and bowl are too big for the plate? Or am I too lazy to break out and dirty another, bigger plate?? Nahh… just hungry…
To many more,