yup, I rule at this.
Sunday, I turned to the mister, and in a bragging style said ‘I can’t even remember the last time any of us have had a cold, it’s been years.’
Monday morn, the little dude comes in and says his nose keeps doing a funny thing. It was running and he didn’t know it could do that.
Now I have it and the two little chicks are both stopped up. You would of thought we licked each other by how fast it has spread, but honestly we don’t do that kind of stuff.
I have been staring at the same screen for an hour because my head is pounding so hard, pretty sure I am not up for editing pictures. So here is a Christmas Q&A I saw over at JandJHome and decided to do it… Enjoy!
1. egg nog or hot chocolate? Definitely hot chocolate. Prolly cause every year I can’t remember if I tried egg nog the year before, and if I can’t remember that, then I fo sho can’t remember if I like it.
2. does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Never wrapped. Always placed on and around the fireplace hearth in groups. The little dude counts how many items everyone gets, hence the need for Santa to ‘group’.
3. colored lights on tree/house or white? White lights, with maybe a splash of red here and there.
4. do you hang mistletoe? Think I will every year, but still hasn’t happened.
5. when do you put your decorations up? Normally Thanksgiving weekend, but this year was early.
6. what is your favorite holiday dish? Turkey, green bean casserole (original, I know), pumpkin pie, coolwhip…yup, just coolwhip, sweet taters, basically ALL of it.
7. favorite holiday memory as a child? Thinking I heard the reindeer on the roof because my older sister told me so. Man, I would believe and do anything she said.
8. when and how did you learn the truth about santa? In fourth grade. I had asked if Santa wasn’t real, where do the letters go? And the rents flat out told me. Think I cried for a week…or longer…
9. do you open a gift on christmas eve? Yes, we exchange presents with the offspring before Christmas day, they always get new pajamas for Christmas, that is our day for just us and I LOVE it.
10. how do you decorate your christmas tree? In the living is the three black trees with white lights, and red, green, blue and black ornaments. In the master is the traditional tree with all of the kids ornaments.
11. snow! love it or dread it? God, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cold weather, all time fav…
12. can you ice skate? Pshhh, In my head I can do anything.
13. do you remember your favorite gift? Vividly remember getting my train set, and still have it. Also, a ventriloquist doll..yeah don’t ask about that one…
14. what’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Family…being with our kids and our families. And I love, love watching their faces…
15. what is your favorite holiday dessert? Just one? Not fair. Just not pecan pie, but everything else is cool with this kid.
16. what is your favorite holiday tradition? Opening the gifts with the kids before Christmas, usually get them a game, and playing that. And of course, Christmas day is the best!
17. what tops your tree? My hand painted topper.
18. which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Receiving is always good, but I can hardly stand to wait for everyone to open their stuff…I actually have to record it, it’s the best ;).
19. candy canes: yuck or yum? Not really into them, but totally dig the candy cane kisses, yummo.
20. favorite Christmas movie? Polar Express. I cry every time….don’t judge…
21. saddest christmas song? I’ll Be Home For Christmas
22. what is your favorite Christmas song? God, I heart Christmas music, could listen all year. The tears welled up the first time I watched this flash mob, yeah I’m pretty much a baby: