you know when you take all the things that you really, really love, throw them in a bowl and it is actually edible? What, you don’t do this??
I was clearly on a ‘green kick’ at the store yesterday because even the sacker made a remark about how hard I was trying to get my daily amount in.
I might have had a few choice words for him…
I’m still on my Rotisserie Chicken kick as one of our go-to’s for the insanity of the weeknights, and this meal was thrown together in less than 10 minutes, with enough left over for today.
This recipe is super similar to my pomegranate guacamole, we just about licked the bowl clean.
- 2¼ Cups Shredded/Bite Size Pieces of Chicken (I used a Rotisserie)
- 3 Large Avocados
- 4 Celery Stalks, Sliced
- ½ Cup Mayo
- 1 Apple cut into bite size pieces
- Coconut Flakes
- Lime Juice to Taste
- Box of Pomegranate Seeds (Arils) about 1-1½ Cups, add the liquid also
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Chips or Torts to eat with
- Mash the avocado in a bowl and add the chicken,celery, mayo, apple, and lime juice mixing well.
- Mix in Arils.
- Add in as much or as little lime juice as wanted. It helps it not be too dry.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer inside of lettuce, top with coconut flakes, then wrap in a corn tortilla