I asked 31 bloggers the same 35 questions for my 31Days Series.
Here are their answers:
Rounding up the weekend with the last Lindsey.
Lindsey from Better After has probably one the best Before and After blogs that I have run across. I found her years back when she featured one of my chairs that I had painted and reupholstered. She posts her own work and takes reader submissions, basically the best of the interweb in one place.
I absolutely love looking at how people can transform a piece (it’s why I started the whole blog) and Lindsey does the best at showing these projects off.
1. A bit about yourself, where did you grow up?
I grew up in the tiny town of Eagar, Arizona. Not a lot of cutting-edge design and decor was happening there, although we were WAAAAAAY ahead of the deer mount trend. 😉
2. Main subject of your blog?
My blog is all Before and Afters! It’s like fast-forwarding to the end of a makeover show. Instant gratification. I feature anything from small projects to entire renovations, creative repurposing, anything that inspires or delights me.
3. Was a design background something you were interested in when you were young?
Yes, definitely. I remember asking my second-grade teacher on the first day of school if we could rearrange the classroom furniture. Apparently the feng shui in there wasn’t working for me!
4. Fall or spring?
5. If you could have a different profession, would you?
Sure, there’s hundreds of things I wish I could try. How do you know if you’re good at something if you never get a chance to do it? What if I’m secretly the world’s best hang-gliding instructor, and I lived my whole life never knowing? These are the things that keep me up at night.
7. What style do you usually post about?
Since I feature so many people, I don’t stick to a specific style. Sometimes there are makeovers and projects that I certainly wouldn’t put in my own home, but I can appreciate the technique or creativity behind them.
8. What is a style that you are drawn to, but isn’t part of your normal material to talk about?
Still trying to figure out my own style. The problem is I like too many things!
10. Main go-to colors?
White, gray, gold, metallics
11. Color combo’s you have been dying to try?
I’ve been trying to get brave enough to throw some emerald green in the mix lately. It’s not that I’m scared of color, it’s just a commitment!
12. Antiques or new pieces of furniture and decor?
13. Avid DIY’er or would you rather buy it finished?
A little of both. Sometimes it’s worth it to just buy something. I’ve seen recipes on Pinterest for making your own chapstick, and I’m like “Do these people not know you can buy chapstick for 99 cents?!” But there are plenty of beautiful things in magazines and stores that I know I could DIY for cheaper, and that is worth it to me.
14. Favorite Music to work to?
I like a lot of Indie/Alternative stuff, but I also love Michael Jackson and 80s too!
15. Early Bird or Night Owl?
16. Eat in or Go Out?
17. Coke or Pepsi?
Not a soda drinker. It’s weird, I know. Maybe a sip of root beer, if I’m feeling crazy.
18. Carpet or Hard Flooring?
Hard flooring. Can’t wait to ditch my carpet.
19. Country you want to visit?
20. What do you do to unwind?
Read trashy celebrity gossip magazines!
21. Who is your Design Icon?
Gwen Stefani. I want to dress like her, look like her, basically be her.
22. Outside or Inside?
I’m a homebody.
23. Piece of work that still makes you proud till this day?
Can’t think of anything specific, but I do love when people are shocked to learn that I’ve made something myself that they thought was bought from a store, etc.
24. What is the movie that you can watch over and over and it never gets old?
Ever After! Back when Dougray Scott was still … you know … not old.
25. Favorite Social Media Platform?
Instagram and Facebook. I do not understand Twitter. At all.
26. What movie character do you think you identity the most with?
27. Cupcakes or Cake?
28. Best gift you have ever received?
I found a chandelier that I loved in an antique store once, and stupidly didn’t buy it. My husband went back and bought it and surprised me with it on Christmas. He’s terrible at keeping secrets, so actually being surprised was just as good as the gift!
29. Best gift you have ever given?
I don’t know. My sister is amazing at giving heartfelt, sentimental, thoughtful gifts, and I’m like … “You said you needed some knives so here’s a new set of knives.” I guess I’m practical.
30. Would you rather talk to or text someone?
Text. I kind of hate being on the phone.
31. Coffee or Tea?
32. One thing you cannot live without?
33. Favorite type of flower?
Lilacs are my favorite, but they don’t live long enough to keep inside.
34. Best thing about this year?
I just had my fourth child in January (a surprise!), so this year is all about just trying keep afloat with a new baby in the mix, plus we moved into a new home in May, so I’m sloooowly working on that as time/money permits.
35. What are you most looking forward to in the upcoming months?
Just more of making this house a home. Hopefully I can get some plans to turn into realities. And Halloween, it’s my favorite!