I asked 31 bloggers the same 35 questions for my 31Days Series.
Here are their answers:
I stumbled onto Bethany’s blog through all of the home tours that are currently happening in blog land. And I fell hard and fast.
Her use of textures, colors and mixing up different styles had me hooked. And she will have you guys coming back for more….
Interwebs, Meet Dwellings By DeVore:
1. A bit about yourself, where did you grow up?
I was born in Florida, but I moved to North Carolina when I was in 4th grade. So I’ve been here most of my life.
2. Main subject of your blog?
Home Decor, Design, DIY
3. Was a design background something you were interested in when you were young?
I’ve always loved creating things, even from a very early age. I remember decorating my room with my mom when I was in 5th grade. We had the best time choosing a theme, painting, and even doing a few DIY projects!
4. Fall or spring?
Definitely fall, it’s my favorite time of year!
5. If you could have a different profession, would you?
I actually almost got my degree in nursing and even started a nursing program my freshman year of college. I’ve always sort of wondered what it would have been like to go that route. Who knows, I may just go back and get my nursing degree one day!
6. If so, what would that be?
See above 🙂
7. What style do you usually post about?
I like a mix of all different styles. I like natural earthy textures, a little bit of shimmer, and a mix of patterns and colors.
8. What is a style that you are drawn to, but isn’t part of your normal material to talk about?
I’m drawn to different aspects of all different styles, but I really like the warmth and coziness of rustic decor.
9. East Coast or West Coast?
I’m an East Coast girl, but I’ve always wanted to visit the West Coast.
10. Main go-to colors?
Black, White, and Gold is always a good place to start
11. Color combo’s you have been dying to try?
Hmm…I’ve been wanting to add some blue and white somewhere in my house.
12. Antiques or new pieces of furniture and decor?
A mix of both
13. Avid DIY’er or would you rather buy it finished?
I DIY because I enjoy it, but there’s also something nice about buying a new piece of furniture every now and then.
14. Favorite Music to work to?
A little bit of everything
15. Early Bird or Night Owl?
Definitely early bird, I’m lucky to make it past 9:00!
16. Eat in or Go Out?
We eat in most of the time, but it’s always a special treat to go out.
17. Coke or Pepsi?
I’m trying to avoid sodas lately, but if I had to pick I’d go with Coke
18. Carpet or Hard Flooring?
Hardwoods with a nice cozy rug
19. Country you want to visit?
There are so many! I hear Italy is beautiful and would love to visit one of these days.
20. What do you do to unwind?
Relax on the couch with my husband and watch movies.
21. Who is your Design Icon?
I love Candice Olson and her great use of lighting. I’m also a big fan of Nate Berkus’ designs.
22. Outside or Inside?
I love to be outside when the weather is pretty!
23. Piece of work that still makes you proud till this day?
Our dining room table is a favorite project of mine. It started out as a disaster and ended up being one of my favorite pieces!
24. What is the movie that you can watch over and over and it never gets old?
You’ve Got Mail
25. Favorite Social Media Platform?
26. What movie character do you think you identity the most with?
27. Cupcakes or Cake?
Both! I have a bit of a sweet tooth!
28. Best gift you have ever received?
My little girl, she is such a blessing to us.
29. Best gift you have ever given?
I made my daughter a play kitchen and it’s one of my favorite things. I had so much fun making it and she loves it!
30. Would you rather talk to or text someone?
Text, I’m not much of a phone person.
31. Coffee or Tea?
32. One thing you cannot live without?
This may sound cheesy, but my family. We are very close and I don’t know what I’d do without them!
33. Favorite type of flower?
34. Best thing about this year?
After several months we finally sold our house and moved into a new one. It has been so fun starting fresh with a blank slate.
35. What are you most looking forward to in the upcoming months?
I’m really looking forward to the Holidays. This is my favorite time of year!