I asked 31 bloggers the same 35 questions for my 31Days Series.
Here are their answers
I remember back years ago when I first stumbled across The Nester…… Her living area took my breath away and her ever evolving decor.
I literally spent hours on her blog, just absorbing everything I possibly could.
Not only is she one of the first places I go to for design inspiration, but lately she has been a great source for personal growth and daily inspirations. She talks about not being perfect and even published a book ‘The Nesting Place. It Doesn’t Have to be Perfect to be Beautiful‘. I would highly recommend snagging yourself a copy.
Her family recently moved from their home of four year to a house out on a ton of land, with a fabulous barn. You guys need to check out the transformations they have made! She started the 31Days series years ago and continues to inspire people to do what they love.
Nester and her family and her passion have made a permeant stay in my heart, and I am sure she will in yours too.
1. A bit about yourself, where did you grow up?
2. Main subject of your blog?
Sharing my journey to creating a beautiful, meaningful home & learning that it doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful.
3. Was a design background something you were interested in when you were young?
a little, I played Barbies waaaaay into my teen years and I used to be so embarrassed until I realized I wasn’t actually playing with the Barbies, I was just designing their houses.
4. Fall or spring?
5. If you could have a different profession, would you?
Nope. But I do wish I were more of a gardener.
6. If so, what would that be?
7. What style do you usually post about?
using what you have
8. What is a style that you are drawn to, but isn’t part of your normal material to talk about?
minimalism (I’m slightly obsessed)
9. East Coast or West Coast?
10. Main go-to colors?
White & Wood
11. Color combo’s you have been dying to try?
oh my gosh is this how real people think? I’ve never even thought about this!
12. Antiques or new pieces of furniture and decor?
13. Avid DIY’er or would you rather buy it finished?
I’d rather buy it finished, I only like making things that are really quick and easy
14. Favorite Music to work to?
The Civil Wars, All Sons & Daughters, anything with a fiddle and banjo
15. Early Bird or Night Owl?
16. Eat in or Go Out?
I actually love to cook, and I feel like it’s the perfect antidote to blog fog brain. But I HATE to clean up after cooking
17. Coke or Pepsi?
Diet cherry vanilla coke from Sonic
18. Carpet or Hard Flooring?
Wood, concrete and lots of rugs
19. Country you want to visit?
Uganda, with my husband and boys
20. What do you do to unwind?
read, watch old tv series that I missed the first time around (I just finished Arrested Development)
21. Who is your Design Icon?
My favorite creators of meaningful, beautiful homes are all bloggers, they are some of the most creative and inspiring women around and I learn so much from how they approach making home:
22. Outside or Inside?
23. Piece of work that still makes you proud till this day?
My boys (sorry!)
The exterior makover on our last house
24. What is the movie that you can watch over and over and it never gets old?
I think every movie gets old but I love
Shallow Hal, White Christmas, Napoleon Dynamite (I have three teenage boys) The Holiday,
25. Favorite Social Media Platform?
26. What movie character do you think you identity the most with?
I wish I were more like Roberto Benigni in Life is Beautiful.
27. Cupcakes or Cake?
28. Best gift you have ever received?
Seven years ago my husband encouraged me to start a blog and spend time online because he knew it was life-giving for me.
29. Best gift you have ever given?
Over the past 18 months my husband was able to quit both his part time and full time jobs because this blog he encouraged me to pursue was able to support us. It’s not our forever plan, but right now, it’s nice to give him back that gift of time. And anyway, he’s pretty much worked full time on our barn renovation so that’s been pretty great too!
30. Would you rather talk to or text someone?
depends on the person
31. Coffee or Tea?
32. One thing you cannot live without?
a comfy bed with a down comforter, ice in my drinks
33. Favorite type of flower?
34. Best thing about this year?
Finishing our Barn
35. What are you most looking forward to in the upcoming months?
Hosting small gatherings for the Nesting Place community at our barn