I asked 31 bloggers the same 35 questions for my 31Days Series.
Here are their answers:
When I first stumbled across Rachel’s Instagram account, I saw her living room remodel and was immediately hooked. Bungalow Style homes rank in my top 5 and her living room trim started a heavy case of moulding stalking on her blog. Yes, that is a thing.
Rachel graduated from Drexel University with a BS in Interior Design and has worked with numerous brands such as Houzz and Design Sponge. She designs and her husband is principal and head carpenter of TRG Home Concepts. Seriously, these are my kind of people.
Interwebs, meet Raenovate:
1. A bit about yourself, where did you grow up?
cranford, new jersey (exit 137 on the parkway)
2. Main subject of your blog?
interior design before + afters
3. Was a design background something you were interested in when you were young?
yes! when seeking out colleges i only applied to schools with accredited interior design programs and then i became a drexel dragon.
4. Fall or spring?
spring, i’m a may baby.
5. If you could have a different profession, would you?
i wouldn’t! i feel like flat soda if i’m not around creativity.
6. If so, what would that be?
my sister-in-law is a first grade teacher and her stories are fantastic
7. What style do you usually post about?
family style! homes that are lived in and look great.
8. What is a style that you are drawn to, but isn’t part of your normal material to talk about?
9. East Coast or West Coast?
i’m a born and bred east coaster and i believe there is no place more magical than cape cod. with that being said, my husband and i honeymooned on a west coast road trip and fell in love with all things west coast.
10. Main go-to colors?
gray, always gray
11. Color combo’s you have been dying to try?
anything with a pop of neon
12. Antiques or new pieces of furniture and decor?
13. Avid DIY’er or would you rather buy it finished?
more like DIH, “do it husband”. tyler is a carpenter by trade so pretty much anything i dream up he creates.
14. Favorite Music to work to?
15. Early Bird or Night Owl?
16. Eat in or Go Out?
eat in, but only if tyler is cooking!
17. Coke or Pepsi?
fountain diet coke
18. Carpet or Hard Flooring?
19. Country you want to visit?
we’d like to visit as much of the US and all the beauty it has to offer before we start traveling abroad.
20. What do you do to unwind?
binge watch netflix
21. Who is your Design Icon?
i’m more so inspired by some ladies that are currently killing it like, amber lewis, rachel reider and stephanie sabbe.
22. Outside or Inside?
23. Piece of work that still makes you proud till this day?
i love my daughter’s nursery
24. What is the movie that you can watch over and over and it never gets old?
father of the bride
25. Favorite Social Media Platform?
instagram! follow me @raenovate!
26. What movie character do you think you identity the most with?
andie anderson in ‘how to lose a guy in 10 days’. that yellow dress…
27. Cupcakes or Cake?
carrot cake with raisins and cream cheese icing
28. Best gift you have ever received?
29. Best gift you have ever given?
my daughter 😉
30. Would you rather talk to or text someone?
there’s nothing better than an emoticon filled group text with girlfriends
31. Coffee or Tea?
32. One thing you cannot live without?
33. Favorite type of flower?
34. Best thing about this year?
watching my daughter grow by leaps and bounds
35. What are you most looking forward to in the upcoming months?
renovating our kitchen!