I asked 31 bloggers the same 35 questions for my 31Days Series.
Here are there answers:
I found Brittany from brittanyMAKES in a previous Home Depot Holiday Style Challenge. I can’t even put into words how much I adore her style. I am absolutely in love with her eye for clean lines, bold dark patterns, and the woman can use gold like no other.
Oh, you guys know my love of chairs….she has some of the best makeovers that have me drooling….
Interwebs, meet brittanyMAKES:
1. A bit about yourself, where did you grow up? I grew up in Sonoma, CA, heart of California wine country!
2. Main subject of your blog? DIY and home decor
3. Was a design background something you were interested in when you were young? Hardly, I think I wanted to be a vet! Or an Orca trainer hahaha. Really though.
4. Fall or spring? Fall of course, I love layers, and boots.
5. If you could have a different profession, would you? Definitely! Being an accountant is boring, indeed.
6. If so, what would that be? If you asked me this question 5 years ago, I would have loved to be a hair stylist. But now? I actually would love to be a carpenter. I would love to know how to build houses from scratch.
7. What style do you usually post about? Classic & comfortable, with brass accents for sure
8. What is a style that you are drawn to, but isn’t part of your normal material to talk about? Mid Century interiors, the movement of MC designers and how influential these designers have been to the industry. I just don’t know enough and even if it’s not my aesthetic, I want to learn everything!
9. East Coast or West Coast? West coast!
10. Main go-to colors? Navy, gold, black & white
11. Color combo’s you have been dying to try? Olive green & dusty blue (thanks to LGN’s
12. Antiques or new pieces of furniture and decor? A mix of both!
13. Avid DIY’er or would you rather buy it finished? Beyond avid DIY’er, anything to save a $
14. Favorite Music to work to? I’m shamelessly a Top 40 lover
15. Early Bird or Night Owl? Depends on what the next day calls for! I think I wish I was an early bird, but naturally am a night owl.
16. Eat in or Go Out? I like eating in, I feel less fat kid after a home cooked meal
17. Coke or Pepsi? Neither, blech.
18. Carpet or Hard Flooring? Hardwood floors all the way!
19. Country you want to visit? UAE, Dubai is my top bucket list destination. Call me crazy but I really want to ride a quad in the Arabian Desert. Runner up is probably Greece.
20. What do you do to unwind? Go for a run, actually. It’s my favorite me-time.
21. Who is your Design Icon? She’s probably everyone’s icon, but by far Emily Henderson tops my list. She’s adorable, funny, so crazy inspiring, and can style a space unlike anyone I’ve ever seen.
22. Outside or Inside? Outside!
23. Piece of work that still makes you proud till this day? This has to be my biggest gild makeover to date, the gold leaf chair!
24. What is the movie that you can watch over and over and it never gets old? I have two that top my list: 10 Things I Hate About You and Your Highness. Go ahead and judge me J
25. Favorite Social Media Platform? Instagram is where it’s at!
26. What movie character do you think you identity the most with?
27. Cupcakes or Cake? Cake. Funfetti to be exact.
28. Best gift you have ever received? My son, Zano.
29. Best gift you have ever given? My son, Zano. Ha!
30. Would you rather talk to or text someone? Text. I’m adverse to phone conversations, strangely.
31. Coffee or Tea? Coffee, and lots of it.
32. One thing you cannot live without? My hair straightener.
33. Favorite type of flower? Ranunculus
34. Best thing about this year? Bringing my son into this world. I know it sounds sappy, but you won’t know the fullest extent of love until you have a child.
35. What are you most looking forward to in the upcoming months? My kitchen reno! It should be complete in a couple weeks. I’m very excited, it’s been 5 weeks so far without a kitchen. 5 weeks. That’s a lot of eating out and mooching off my family.