I asked 31 bloggers the same 35 questions for my 31Days Series.
Here are there answers:
I first ran across Cuckoo 4 Design’s Instagram account, I fell hard for Julia’s style. Like hard people.
You guys know that I have a mad obsession with black and white and Julia has an incredibly eye on decorating with it…..not to mention all things gold. Seriously, I’m addicted.
She has such a great eye and I adore her style, I think you will too 😉
1. A bit about yourself, where did you grow up?
I grew up in a small German town called Lohr am Main and this is where my family still lives.
2. Main subject of your blog?
My budget DIY projects that I do for our tiny little home.
3. Was a design background something you were interested in when you were young?
It always was. I used to lock myself in my room as a little child, color and craft things. Even my doll house got frequent makeovers. When I was a teenager I went off to art school, after that I went to school for visual merchandising and worked in one of the biggest furniture stores in Germany where I learned from their in-house carpenters, painters and professionals. I also got a degree in Graphic Design but I am so happy to be back with home decor now which I really truly love. There’s nothing else I’d rather do.
4. Fall or spring?
Oh gosh, do I have to decide. Love it both so much!
5. If you could have a different profession, would you?
7. What style do you usually post about?
My own which is quirky, eclectic and has become quite colorful.
8. What is a style that you are drawn to, but isn’t part of your normal material to talk about?
I’m really drawn to the simple Scandinavian style and see myself pinning it a lot. But my house isn’t simplistic enough to pull it off. I love all my stuff too much.
9. East Coast or West Coast?
I’d love to be West Coast but am East Coast!
10. Main go-to colors?
Black and white will never get old in my book.
|my black and white hallway|
11. Color combo’s you have been dying to try?
Maybe blue and white? I’ve never really done it because I always go back to black and white like I mentioned already.
12. Antiques or new pieces of furniture and decor?
Always a good mix of both!
|my antique desk that I refinished|
13. Avid DIY’er or would you rather buy it finished?
Also a mix of both. If it’s too expensive than I’m totally going to try to DIY it but if it’s affordable then why struggle trying to DIY it?
14. Favorite Music to work to?
I know I’m strange, but it’s either big band and jazz from the 1930-40s or hip hop and rap. Bizarre, Iknow.
15. Early Bird or Night Owl?
I used to be a total night owl when I was younger, but now I’m a true early bird and love going to bed early so I can get up even earlier.
16. Eat in or Go Out?
It in, I’ve become a total cheapo.
17. Coke or Pepsi?
Pepsi if I’m hungover. It’s like medicine for me, otherwise I don’t drink it 😉
18. Carpet or Hard Flooring?
Hardwood floor or even vinyl plank floor, carpet drives me nuts but I still have it in our upstairs. Gosh I’d love to get rid of it! We’ve had it for 14 years with 4 cats and all the neighborhood kiddos hanging out in our house, it’s no fun to keep clean and it’s seen better days for sure.
19. Country you want to visit?
20. What do you do to unwind?
A glass of wine on our patio or even better at the beach.
21. Who is your Design Icon?
Jonathan Adler without a doubt!
22. Outside or Inside?
Inside but I love our garden too.
23. Piece of work that still makes you proud till this day?
That I installed our crown molding downstairs all by myself.
24. What is the movie that you can watch over and over and it never gets old?
25. Favorite Social Media Platform?
Instagram (come follow me 😉
26. What movie character do you think you identity the most with?
Debbie in the movie “This is 40”.
27. Cupcakes or Cake?
Can I say cookies? 😉
28. Best gift you have ever received?
My children! I tell them every night that I’m wrapping them in their blankets like a present and tomorrow I get to open the best presents again. It’s like Christmas every day for me!
29. Best gift you have ever given?
I’m totally not sure, I’d probably have to give the boring answer of my kiddos again. After all it’s probably the best gift I ever gave my hubby.
30. Would you rather talk to or text someone?
Text…I know that’s kind of terrible, but it’s true. Talking on the phone drives me nuts most of the time. There is no small talk when texting and I love that.
31. Coffee or Tea?
32. One thing you cannot live without?
Cheese and wine
33. Favorite type of flower?
Orchid and sunflowers
34. Best thing about this year?
I got approved to keep my German citizenship from the German government and can finally apply for my US citizenship now. But I’m awfully scared of the oral immigration test.
35. What are you most looking forward to in the upcoming months?
I have a magazine coming to shoot my house for two days. I’m super nervous and excited.