I asked 31 bloggers the same 35 questions for my 31Days Series.
Here are there answers:
I have talked on here before about Kim from Newly Woodwards, recently during my curtain post. She basically taught me how to make a seam after the curtains are already hung. That’s how awesome she is 😉
Her and her husband (and cute little boy) have remodeled two homes and are currently on their third. Which is a loft, in a barn. On 17 acres.
You guys have got to follow her and their transformation on this space
Interwebs, meet Newly Woodwards:
1. A bit about yourself, where did you grow up? I’m a wife, mom and chronic dabbler living in the Midwest. I have blogged at NewlyWoodwards.com since 2008.
2. Main subject of your blog? I consider NewlyWoodwards a lifestyle blog, focusing on DIY and home renovating, with a dash of everything else.
3. Was a design background something you were interested in when you were young? I didn’t really have any interest in design until my husband and I purchased our first home, a foreclosure in need of love. That was the first time I’d really used a paintbrush, a hammer, or a power tool. It was also the first time I’d ever given any thought to a light fixture or decorative pillows.
4. Fall or spring? Fall
5. If you could have a different profession, would you? I worked in public relations for a financial services organization for about 7 years before I left to stay home with my son and do some freelance writing. I’m so lucky to be able to work from home part time. It’s a dream come true for me to still be using my skills and also spending more time with my family.
6. If so, what would that be? Sometimes, I wish I had gone to clown school. And I’m serious.
7. What style do you usually post about? I consider my style fairly traditional, a touch rustic farmhouse, and overall very classic. I love old homes and pieces that still feel very current.
8. What is a style that you are drawn to, but isn’t part of your normal material to talk about? I can appreciate almost any style – modern, industrial, beach, cottage. I guess I like a little of everything.
9. East Coast or West Coast? Midwest, baby.
10. Main go-to colors? Navy, red, grey
11. Color combo’s you have been dying to try? I’d love to use orange somewhere in my house
12. Antiques or new pieces of furniture and decor? I like a little of both. I love old homes, so I think it’s important to have some antiques to blend in. But, there’s also a time and place for new decor, too.
13. Avid DIY’er or would you rather buy it finished? DIY. I have a hard time buying anything I think we could make ourselves.
14. Favorite Music to work to? Horribly embarrassing pop music or anything a cappella. (The Sing Off is my favorite Pandora Station.)
15. Early Bird or Night Owl? Neither – I thrive midday. 😉 I would prefer to sleep in and go to bed early. Although, I’m more likely to stay up late than get up early.
16. Eat in or Go Out? I prefer going out, but our budget makes us dine in.
17. Coke or Pepsi? Coke
18. Carpet or Hard Flooring? Hardwoods – preferable very old hardwood.
19. Country you want to visit?
20. What do you do to unwind? I love to read. Like, real, actual books.
21. Who is your Design Icon? I guess I don’t really know enough to have an icon. I just do my own thing and hope for the best. I love getting inspiration from blogs of all kinds. Although Sarah Richardson can do no wrong in my book.
22. Outside or Inside? Outside – but since it’s either too cold or too wet or too hot or too humid or too buggy most of the year, I still tend to spend more time indoors. Thank goodness for large windows.
23. Piece of work that still makes you proud till this day? Our entire barn renovation is something that I’m really proud of – it’s been true labor of love to pick up a 100-year-old barn and move it to our property to rebuild it and then live in it.
24. What is the movie that you can watch over and over and it never gets old? Sister Act
25. Favorite Social Media Platform? Instagram
26. What movie character do you think you identity the most with?
27. Cupcakes or Cake? Carrot. Cake.
28. Best gift you have ever received? For my 30th birthday, my husband surprised me with a party at my favorite restaurant. It was truly the best gift I’ve ever received because parties are definitely my love language.
29. Best gift you have ever given? The book of memories I made my mom for her 60th birthday.
30. Would you rather talk to or text someone? Talk. In person. Is it weird that I don’t love talking on the phone or texting? Don’t answer that.
31. Coffee or Tea? Coffee. All the coffee.
32. One thing you cannot live without? Hugs from my little dude. And paint. In that order.
33. Favorite type of flower? Black-Eyed Susans
34. Best thing about this year? I’ve loved watching our vision for the barn apartment come to life.