I asked 31 bloggers the same 35 questions for my 31Days Series.
Here are there answers:
One look at Kelly’s blog, View Along The Way, you will be immediately hooked….dead serious.
Her colorful, eclectic look…and tutorials. I mean she painted linoleum. Yes, you read that right. Oh and she makes lamps wireless in her spare time.
She’s superwoman, thats all. And a pretty awesome one too.
Interwebs, meet View Along The Way:
1. A bit about yourself, where did you grow up?
I grew up all over the South! We moved around a lot, so I was the perpetual new girl. I’m settled now in the Atlanta area and the idea of “putting down roots” definitely influences my desire to make our house into a home.
2. Main subject of your blog?
We bought a gross old foreclosure and are fixing it up, one project at time. I love to find easy ways to make our home look fab on the tiniest of budgets!
3. Was a design background something you were interested in when you were young?
Yes! I’m not a designer; I just LOVE to talk decorating and renovating. I remember redecorating my room as a young girl: it was fun then and it never stopped!
4. Fall or spring?
Oh FALL. On those crisp days when the leaves just start to change, I’m in love with the whole universe.
5. If you could have a different profession, would you?
No! Please don’t make me quit blogging. It’s my absolute dream job to get to write about creating a beautiful home and connect with the talented and hilarious people who read and comment on my blog.
Designer who doesn’t blog? Is that cheating?
7. What style do you usually post about?
My style is comfortable-glam. I have two little kids, so everything I do needs to be REAL and able to withstand two miniature hurricanes. But I love the glam, lived-in look.
8. What is a style that you are drawn to, but isn’t part of your normal material to talk about?
I dig every style. I wish I had twelve different houses to decorate twelve different ways!
9. East Coast or West Coast?
I’m an East Coast girl, but I think I could fall in love with the West Coast if I got too close.
10. Main go-to colors?
Navy, teal, fuschia, white.
11. Color combo’s you have been dying to try?
I bought a crazy fun Kilim rug that has fuschias and reds; I’m dying to bring more of that through the house. I keep running up against my husband, who for someone reason doesn’t want to live in a feminine crazy fun-house. So unreasonable, don’t you think?
12. Antiques or new pieces of furniture and decor?
I think you need an antique in every room!
13. Avid DIY’er or would you rather buy it finished?
I’m a DIYer to the core. Some of that is based on budget, but some of it is just because you have to create it to get exactly what you want!
14. Favorite Music to work to?
We usually have Mumford & Sons pandora station running.
15. Early Bird or Night Owl?
Night owl! I don’t do well with mornings.
16. Eat in or Go Out?
Go out, every night of the week if I could. (There’s a reason I don’t blog about recipes.)
17. Coke or Pepsi?
I’m an Atlanta girl; everything is “Coke” here.
18. Carpet or Hard Flooring?
Hardwoods. I love my dark, impossible-to-keep clean, completely impractical hardwoods.
19. Country you want to visit?
20. What do you do to unwind?
Eat. I wish I was kidding. I like to have a long, happy meal with my family and chat with them. My kids are 2 and 4, so they’re pretty hilarious all the time. Also, there’s not much a long, hot bath can’t cure.
21. Who is your Design Icon?
I get really inspired by fearless designs. I love what Miles Redd has done.
22. Outside or Inside?
Outside. But inside if it’s too cold.
23. Piece of work that still makes you proud till this day?
My kids. Do they count? I’m also still pretty proud of our DIY upholstered bed. It was my first major DIY project!
24. What is the movie that you can watch over and over and it never gets old?
Best in Show! It’s the most ridiculous, hilarious movie and it never stops being funny to me.
25. Favorite Social Media Platform?
I love instagram!
26. What movie character do you think you identity the most with?
Brick Tamblin, from Anchorman. Because I love lamp. (sorry.)
27. Cupcakes or Cake?
Cake: who wants a smaller portion? 🙂
28. Best gift you have ever received?
When we were still dating, my husband secretly built me a big dollhouse, then proposed by hiding the ring box in a trap door of the floor of the dollhouse!
29. Best gift you have ever given?
Life, to my kids? 🙂
30. Would you rather talk to or text someone?
Talk to in person, but I’d rather text than talk on the phone. I’m an incredibly awkward phone-talker.
31. Coffee or Tea?
Coffee, with fun flavored creams. Basically just mostly sugar.
32. One thing you cannot live without?
33. Favorite type of flower?
34. Best thing about this year?
My family is amazing. I wish I could pause time. My kids are the CUTEST. Every single day they crack me up.
35. What are you most looking forward to in the upcoming months?
We are going to Costa Rica for THREE weeks! I’m counting down the days!