I was asked by the sisters over at Made From Pinterest to recreate a pin that inspired me for Valenitnes and I couldn’t wait to jump on it. I’ve had my eye on this one from Free People and is something I have wanted to tackle for a loooong time!
I decided to make a few easy DIY Feather Arrows for Valentines day and couldn’t be happier with how they turned out 🙂
This is a crazy easy project and takes just a bit to paint and assemble!
Small Wooden Dowels
Craft Paint (In your choice of colors)
Felt Hearts (I was actually going to cut these out, but I ran across a precut package that was sticky on the back)
1. Lay your feathers out and paint.
It’s best to work in thin coats and not get the feathers super wet.
Set feathers aside to dry while you move on to #2.
2. Cut a piece of Washi Tape and wrap on wooden dowel in any direction you prefer.
3. Take two felt hearts and attach at the bottom of the dowel, one on each side.
4. Run a small strip of hot glue on the back of the feather and attach to the opposite end of the dowel.
5. Place a small amount of hot glue on the back of the dowel, right at the base of the feather, and wrap the yarn around to cover the end of the feather. Using another small dab of glue, attach the end of the yarn to the down.
And viola! You have a handful of super cute Arrows!
Thinking these would be fun with little love notes attached 🙂