several of you have noticed how I have started incorporating essential oil’s into my weekly postings. I wanted to keep things simple and share things that have worked and have been beneficial for us since we began this exciting journey!
But since I started sharing this, questions upon questions have started rolling in on what are they? what do they do? how do they work? how did you get started? how do I get started?
So, let’s start from the beginning….
I won’t go into the nasty details about how horrific our insurance is, but let’s just say, we would be better off most of the time just paying out of our pocket.
But that was just the tip of the iceberg.
Our youngest has had her fair share of doctor vista, as all of our kids have, but last spring took us for a whirlwind. Her asthma began to flare up and we started our weekly trips to the doctors office and the clinic during the night and weekends. We upped all of her meds and was put on liquid steroids more times than what the doctor was comfortable with. But we didn’t have a lot of options. She had quit a couple of sports and would have labored breathing even while she was laying in bed..
This entire time, a sweet friend had asked if I was using essential oils, to which I just shrugged the first few times. Then she mentioned how much they would help with her. She gave me a few samples and we used them, talked about them and started an account with Young Living. Then summer hit, she started doing better and I put it in the back of my mind.
to just a few weeks after school starts. She is back on her singular, preventive inhaler (double dosage), zyrtec, breathing treatments and rescue inhaler. Even with all that, she began having attacks, so much that she would throw up over and over, head to the doctor and get new meds.
This became our life, again, for months. I remembered the oils and saw them at my local grocery store and started using…..it didn’t go over very well. In fact, she had a bad reaction and I tossed them.
Then I began reading about the difference between store bought and Young Living and heard stories of the same thing happening because store bought isn’t always 100% pure.
Most bottles on the market claim to be pure, but they only contain 5% of the actual oil. There are no regulations for how an essential oil is to be extracted, processed, or what is added. Most essential oil companies buy their oils from an oil broker, that means that the company has no control of the growing, cultivation, or extraction process. Please, when considering essential oils there are some questions that should be asked for your own safety. Don’t just buy because they are cheaper
I had just a bit left from the samples she gave me and we used those up, and I could tell a HUGE difference. I bit the bullet after she had a massive ear infection, the flu and a gland infection. All within a week of each other, and being on three different strong antibiotics.
Since I got our premium starter kit in, we haven’t looked back. The first day, I immediately started running them in the diffuser pretty much the entire time we are at home. And guess what? She has NOT coughed or taken an antibiotic since we started. This is massive for her! Her first symptom of asthma is coughing and she has pretty much taken an antibiotic since school started in the fall.
The Husband’s Thoughts….
He is a much better eater, water drinker, work out ninja than I ever will be, so he knew that they were a good thing, just thought her would let the kids use them.
I had mentioned how well my face had started to clear up since I was using Frankincense, who knew adult breakouts would be worse than they were in high school….
He casually grabbed the bottle, dotted it in a couple spots and in the morning, his face was c.o.m.p.l.e.t.e.l.y. clear. It actually made me pretty mad since mine was still clearing up.
He immediately was sold.
But of course, I had to keep proving it to him…..
They guys can snore with the best of them. Award winning in fact. So guess who hasn’t slept in, ohhh, 16 years??
I took valor and rubbed it on his big toe. And guess what? That’s right….No.More.Snoring.
Our other two kids have used them for everything from stuffy noses, the mascara trick, clearing skin, flavoring water, ear infections, removing warts in three days (!), mouth ulcers, focusing before tests, natural hand sanitizer, snoring, sleeping…..I can go and go and go.
Now they ask for them in the morning, after school and at night.
Since we have started, we have not, and I repeat, have NOT bought or used, tylenol, advil, any cough syrup, cold & sinus meds, benadryl, neosporin, myderma, icy hot….ANYTHING.
So not only have we saved a ton of money, but I am not putting these OTC’s in our bodies, having the side effects of it, and taking the chance of it not working and having to wait 4-6 hours to retake.
Is your eyebrow raised…
but you want to research it? Here are 10 questions to ask yourself when you are looking around:
1. Do other companies own the land they farm on? How long have they farmed on that land? Is it new land, land that is tainted with chemical, herbicides and pesticides that hang around from years before? Or is it the land total clean and hasn’t been messed with for over 50 years?
2. Do other companies know exactly when the prime time is for the crops to be harvested?
3. Do other companies have their own independent lab to test and verify the oil’s composition?
4. Who is on staff for the other companies? How much knowledge do they have on distilling oil?
5. Do other companies hire trained professionals who have a background and the knowledge of working in their distillery? How long to cook, what pressure to keep it at, the perfect temperature for it to reach?
6. Do other companies purchase from outside sources? If they do, do they personally go and visit the farms to make sure the process is being handled to their standards, making sure everything is being grown organically?
7. If they have an independent grower, does that grower have a testing facility on site?
8. What type of cookers do they use for the oils? Are they up to date?
9. If a mistake is made, do they toss the product or package it and sell it?
10. Do other companies bottle their own oils from their distillery so that the oil levels aren’t modified in any way?
How does this help? Well, it determines if a company is dealing with pure therapeutic-grade essential oils. Young Living is the only company that I have come across that owns their own farms and labs, hires trained professionals to farm and distill the oil, doesn’t use pesticides, doesn’t harshly process their oils, doesn’t add fillers, as well as bottles and seal their own oils.
After I research till I was literally blue in the face, I knew that Young Living was the best choice for us.
I broke down the cost comparison on all the items and the best bang for your buck was the premium starter kit. It comes with everything I needed at a wholesale price.
I should back up and explain how you can get started with essential oils. The cheapest and best way is to go the wholesale member route. You save at least 24% off of retail. So make sure you select ‘wholesale member’ and not customer when you order. If you select customer, you will pay retail, aka full price.
We have not regretted for one second purchasing the premium kit. In fact, we even made our money back by not buying the OTC’s that I mentioned earlier. We used to go through them all like crazy during the winter!
It’s an amazing value at $150. It includes 11 main oils, 5 single oils and 5 blends.
They are: thieves, melaleuca, frankincense, lemon, stress away, peppermint, panaway, lavender, joy, purification, and citrus fresh. It also comes with home diffuser that will basically be you bff ($98 retail value) and the total retail value of the kit is over $300! I love Young Living Oils, could spend hours talking about them and how they have helped my family. If you decide you want to get into Young Living with me, I will take care of you and help you out along the way! I will provide you a free essential oils reference guide or the quick reference guide app (this is my essential oil Bible!), our private Facebook group where we answer questions, show you recipes and mixtures to make, talk about what oils do what, how to use them, what to use of certain ailments and see if anyone has an extra bottle in stock to swap, and a foot map to show where to apply the oils.
This offer is only available here and won’t stay around for long!
Let’s get started!!
How do you sign up?
1. Visit the Young Living sign up page here and fill out your information. It’s quick, I promise!
2. Check the box for the “Wholesale Member” so that you don’t end up paying retail prices.
3. Verify the “sponsor ID” and “enroller ID” say #2109283 (That way you get your awesome freebies!)
4. Complete your personal information. Young Living needs a social security number for tax purposes, because, like me, people might start asking to buy oils from you and you might find yourself turning this into a business. If you do not feel comfortable putting in your social security number then you can get an EIN from the IRS withing a few seconds (you can do that here) and use that number instead (the IRS just needs to be able to connect some number with you for tax purposes). Young Living will never share this info with anyone.
5. Select which starter kit you want to get. I highly recommend the Premium Starter Kit (and that’s the one where you get all of the freebies, Facebook group and support!)
6. OPTIONAL Step 3 “Essential Rewards” part of the sign-up process is optional. If you’re going to be purchasing products monthly then it’s a great program that will give you credit back with each order and save you on shipping costs, but you can always opt into this rewards program later if you so choose.
7. Go through the checkout process. Young Living accepts most major credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
8. After you sign up, feel free to drop me an email at email@example.com letting me know that you signed up through this promotion! Your goodies will be headed your way and you will be added to our private Facebook group asap!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does signing up mean I have to sell the oils?
Nope! You are not required to sell anything at all to anyone EVER. When you become a wholesale member, you get a special link that you can share with friends and get credit from their purchases, but there are no minimum sales amounts at all. The vast majority of wholesale members in Young Living don’t sell the oils. They are buying from Young Living because they value quality essential oils for their own personal use.
Am I required to make a minimum purchase each month?
Nope! There are no minimum monthly purchase requirements. To remain a wholesale member, you have to make $50 worth of purchases per year to keep your membership. But if you miss the minimum for a year and want to order the next year, you just place a $50 order to reinstate your wholesale membership.
How will I know what each oil does?
The reference guide/app that I’m giving away as part of this promotion is a valuable resource. You will learn about essential oils and how they interact with your body, plus you can look up oils by name and see how to use them. Remember, when you become a Young Living member with me, I will walk you through everything in our private Facebook group.
Why should I buy from Young Living?
I have researched essential oils and Young Living is the only company I have found that can answer the above questions about purity in a way that was sufficient for me. Young Living was the only company that owns their own farms, guarantees that no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing process, have their own testing equipment, do 3rd party testing, only use the first distillation of oils, and do not add chemicals to get more out of the plant. Every other company I researched goes through some sort of third party “oil broker” to buy their oils. Buying from Young Living means that I am trusting one company and they cannot “pass the buck” to someone else. Plus, Young Living allows anyone to visit the farms, participate in the harvesting and distillation, view the Young Living labs, and see the entire process for themselves. Maybe we should all take a little vacay?!?
Questions? Comments? Concerns?
Don’t hesitate! I love talking oils and how much they have changed our lives!
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to pin the images below for quick reference!
*Here is my disclaimer. I am not a doctor, and don’t pretend to be. Does this mean that I don’t whip out a lab coat and point a flash light down everyone’s throat? No, no it does not.
I am just a chick, who is on a mission to keep my family healthy and not on prescriptions 24/7.
And am attempting to keep my sanity, but we are all still working on this.
Do not put oils directly into your eyes, ears or gulp them down. Use your brain on this one.
Don’t buy just any random oil off the shelf, even though it’s cheap. You have no idea what is in it, or how your body will react. Use a pure, therapeutic grade oil.
If your child is withering in pain, call the doctor, m’kay?*