I just might be eating the left overs for this right now…
Good thing about recipes like this (chicken spaghetti from last week, etc.) is that they are almost better the second time around than the first.
This falls into the insanely easy category for me, and I need that for our insanely crazy nights when we have just a little bit to eat.
And yes, I totally use recipes from the back of boxes…. this girl can use all the help she can get.
Heat up a bag or two of frozen edamame, add a bit of soy sauce and bam, Tuesdays just easier.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken strips, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 bag frozen stir-fry veggies (16oz.)
- 1 can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained (8oz. or larger)
- 1 can low sodium chicken broth (10½oz.), more if too dry
- 2 cups of minute white rice, uncooked
- ½ cup sweet and sour sauce. more for serving
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok on medium-high heat. Add chicken, cook and stir for about 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add frozen veggies and pineapple with juice, mix well. Stir in chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Stir in rice and cover. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes, until rice is cooked and almost all liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in sweet and sour sauce.