I asked 31 bloggers the same 35 questions for my 31Days Series.
Here are their answers:
Yesterday I mentioned how the majority of this interview series were because I stumbled across a new Instagram account. And this is definitely one of them.
I have decided I need to move in with Amy from Homey Oh My! Except that I am probably old enough to be her mother…..
Her feed is just beautiful (yup, pretty feeds get me) and her projects are even better. This girl has a great eye and amazing talent. Maybe I could adopt her, just a thought.
Interwebs meet Homey Oh My!
1. A bit about yourself, where did you grow up?
Hi! I’m Amy and I love good design and a good glass of whiskey on the rocks. I was born and raised in Chicago and was forced by my parents to move out to LA with them when I was 18, which I now thank them for because life on the sunny west coast has turned out to be amazing. There I studied physiology, which wasn’t one of my better decisions because I always knew deep inside that I wanted a creative life, so that is currently what I am striving to achieve.
2. Main subject of your blog?
DIY and home. Pretty and cute stuff.
3. Was a design background something you were interested in when you were young?
Don’t remember if I specifically thought design, but art was always a subject that interested me, definitely.
4. Fall or spring?
5. If you could have a different profession, would you?
6. If so, what would that be?
7. What style do you usually post about?
My style tends to be on the modern side. I always strive to keep things simple and chic.
8. What is a style that you are drawn to, but isn’t part of your normal material to talk about?
Mid-Century Modern, or “California Cool”. I love the vintage inspired mix and organic textures.
9. East Coast or West Coast?
10. Main go-to colors?
Black, white, gold 😉
11. Color combo’s you have been dying to try?
Royal/Navy blue and brass.
12. Antiques or new pieces of furniture and decor?
I always daydream of swapping out all our furniture, but it’s currently not on my list of priorities. We did get a new mirror though to replace one that wasn’t quite working.
13. Avid DIY’er or would you rather buy it finished?
It really depends. The smaller things yes, DIY all the way, but I’d rather buy a bed frame than build one myself. Though that also depends as well, because DIY usually boils down to whether or not I can find an already made, affordable version of what I have in mind.
14. Favorite Music to work to?
Electronic, alternative, indie, classic rock, I mix it all.
15. Early Bird or Night Owl?
16. Eat in or Go Out?
We like eating in with take out.
17. Coke or Pepsi?
COKE. NO CONTEST.
18. Carpet or Hard Flooring?
19. Country you want to visit?
20. What do you do to unwind?
TV, baby. I’m impatiently waiting for the next season of Game of Thrones.
21. Who is your Design Icon?
Tie between Nate Berkus and Emily Henderson.
22. Outside or Inside?
23. Piece of work that still makes you proud till this day?
My work space, which turned out to be the most popular project on my blog by far.
24. What is the movie that you can watch over and over and it never gets old?
Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade. The embarrassing answer? The Twilight Saga. So deliciously bad.
25. Favorite Social Media Platform?
26. What movie character do you think you identify the most with?
Can we make it a TV character? I’d like to say Arya Stark from Game of Thrones. I identify with her no bullshit attitude and undying quest to keep it real.
27. Cupcakes or Cake?
How dare you make me choose. Cake.
28. Best gift you have ever received?
I can’t remember specifically, but it’s always more about the feeling. For my last birthday, all the gifts I received were related to my blog or helped me with my blog, and I could just feel the love and support from my friends and family, that they truly believe in what I’m doing, which means everything.
29. Best gift you have ever given?
NO idea, ha!
30. Would you rather talk to or text someone?
31. Coffee or Tea?
32. One thing you cannot live without?
33. Favorite type of flower?
So so so hard, but I’ll say Ranunculus.
34. Best thing about this year?
My blog really picked up a lot of speed this year, and it further established for me that this is what I want to do. I spent years being so confused about “what I’m good at”, so knowing what I want and being so sure of it is a gift I’m so grateful for, making it the best thing that happened to me this year.
35. What are you most looking forward to in the upcoming months?
Blog life makes it really easy to be a hermit and be secluded much of the time, so I’m really looking forward to spending even more time with friends and family. Lots of fun events and celebrations to come!