I asked 31 bloggers the same 35 questions for my 31Days Series.
Here are their answers:
I had stumbled on Remodelaholic back when I had first started blogging. A friend has recommended the blog, so I headed over one day and it became one of my main go-to’s for the how-to’s on projects. styling and such.
I then met Cassity at several conferences and was yet again blown away by how nice the blogging community really can be. Along with her husband, Cassity has built a fabulous blog full of tutorials and eye candy that you guys do not want to miss.
Ladies and Gents, meet Remodelaholic.
1. A bit about yourself, where did you grow up?
2. Main subject of your blog?
Remodeling DIY style
3. Was a design background something you were interested in when you were young?
I was always creating things, building Barbie villages out of cardboard and drawing floor plans, but I didn’t really have any distinct plans other than I wanted to graduate from college.
4. Fall or spring?
No question here I LOVE both!
Fall is SUCH a relief tot he senses, with cool nights, bonfires and changing leaves.
Spring is always just in time before I go crazy. I LOVe the change of going outside and watching the world come to life again.
I literally love ALL seasons!
5. If you could have a different profession, would you?
None, only full time Mom sounds interesting to me.. but I am not sure I would be able to let go of blogging!
6. If so, what would that be?
Full time mom!
7. What style do you usually post about?
Nothing specific. I like to make sure I share a variety of styles. I am after clever projects with clear instructions so that anyone can feel they can try something out.
8. What is a style that you are drawn to, but isn’t part of your normal material to talk about?
Right now (and this changes yearly or depending on the age or style of the home we are remodeling) Mid Century Modern
9. East Coast or West Coast?
I miss living in the east, I LOVE the history there and the trees, but I am originally from the west and love the beachy feeling of west coast.. I think there are great things about both. I would rather just travel to both and keep my roots planted in the Rocky mountains!
10. Main go-to colors?
Turquoise and Yellow
11. Color combo’s you have been dying to try?
Lots of white… and natural, blonde woods.
12. Antiques or new pieces of furniture and decor?
Antiques mixed with new stuff.
13. Avid DIY’er or would you rather buy it finished?
Both… seriously I have a sickness! NO decision making skills whatsoever. I appreciate both, it depends on how much time we have, but overall I like the mix of both worlds. I think it is more real life.
14. Favorite Music to work to?
Something without words. I can’t read, write and sing at the same time, and when there is music on I can guarantee that I am singing along.
15. Early Bird or Night Owl?
16. Eat in or Go Out?
I love to cook but rarely have time, so we eat out a lot.
17. Coke or Pepsi?
18. Carpet or Hard Flooring?
Hard Wood (with Beautiful Rugs)
19. Country you want to visit?
All of western Europe. I want to see all the old grand houses and castles.
20. What do you do to unwind?
Avoid my email inbox… and play
21. Who is your Design Icon?
I don’t really have a favorite, but two designers whose designs I like are Thomas O’Brien and Darryl Carter. They might be a little old school now.
22. Outside or Inside?
Outside all spring and summer
indoors in the fall and winter (with a good book and a hot chocolate!!)
23. Piece of work that still makes you proud till this day?
My kids! Best things I’ve ever made. EVER!
(Remodel projects my staircase in the last house.. and pretty much the whole last house)
24. What is the movie that you can watch over and over and it never gets old?
Pride and Prejudice… the 8 hour version.
25. Favorite Social Media Platform?
Instagram, hands down.
26. What movie character do you think you identity the most with?
I don’t really identify myself with movie characters.
27. Cupcakes or Cake?
Bring them on. I will eat them both, (did i say that out loud?)
28. Best gift you have ever received?
My daughters. They are the best gift I have ever received. We waited 8 very hard years for them.
29. Best gift you have ever given?
My daughters, my husband is the best father ever, it is amazing to watch.
30. Would you rather talk to or text someone?
Text over phone call any day! Talk in real life- did I mention I am NOT a phone person…
31. Coffee or Tea?
Neither… Water!? or a slurpee…
32. One thing you cannot live without?
33. Favorite type of flower?
I LOVE flowers! I love flowers in my garden, in early spring when My soul is BEGGING for the change in seasons. I watch and celebrate every single single bloom. I love all tulips, bright orange poppies, and apricot trees!
34. Best thing about this year?
We bought another house… (that might just also be the worst thing… hello stress!)
35. What are you most looking forward to in the upcoming months?
Moving into a finished house, and having a break from remodeling for a really long time. (probably 2 months-. ha ha)
Be sure and hop on over to check Cassity out at Remodelaholic, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ and Twitter