This is just too good not to share 🙂
In the past year, during the spring and fall, ear aches, pressure, pain and infections have come in full attack around here. In fact, some of our recent visits for asthma revealed that there was also an ear infection present…..lovely, no??
Our norm is a long sleepless night from the pain, until we can see the doctor. Until this past Christmas.
The 7 year old came in at 4:30 in the morning, screaming about how bad her ear hurt. We both jumped up, mainly startled, then trying to see how we could get her settled down. She climbed into our bed, and instead of running to get tylenol, I used my reference guide for Essential Oils (I am giving these away in February! Check back Sunday for details).
Once I applied the lemon essential oil and lavender essential oil, she calmed down in less than 5 minutes, and was back asleep.
Say whaaaaaa? Her complaining of an ear ache was gone.
Yeah, not hours waiting, sitting up holding a 7yearold upright while she tries to sleep, hoping the tylenol might make a difference.
And for the next two days, she asked to have the lavender cotton pad in her ear because it took the pain away.
So here is what I did:
Using a round, cotton circle (we use these more than a cotton ball so that we don’t waste more product), fold it in half, then half again.
Drop two drops of lavender essential oil on the tip of the cotton pad.
1. Insert cotton pad inside ear. (Never, ever, EVER put any oil down into the ear. Only put the oil onto a cotton pad, then place just inside the outside of the ear.)
2. Take a small dab of coconut oil and place in palm of hand. Drop 1-2 drops of lemon essential oil into palm and mix together (pictured below). Rub the mixture in a downward motion starting on the side of the ear towards the face, right above the jaw bone. Always, Always, Always rub in a downward motion and not up, or back and forth. You want the pressure/fluid to flow down.
3. Continue rubbing the oil mixture down the neck.
4. Using more oil mixture, rub behind the ear, in a downward motion.
5. Continue rubbing the oil mixture down the neck.
6. Starting at the top of the ear, rub the oil mixture along the edge of the ear and onto the lobe.
She ended up keeping the cotton pad in for three days, only complaining if she took it out or when we took it out to shower.
Pretty crazy right?? This one pretty much had us sold that essential oils work 🙂
Questions on how to get started? Or how to get wholesale prices?
I would love to chat! Email me:
*Here is my disclaimer. I am not a doctor, and don’t pretend to be. Does this mean that I don’t whip out a lab coat and point a flash light down everyone’s throat? No, no it does not.
I am just a chick, who is on a mission to keep my family healthy and not on prescriptions 24/7.
And am attempting to keep my sanity, but we are all still working on this.
Do not put oils directly into your eyes, ears or gulp them down. Use your brain on this one.
Don’t buy just any random oil off the shelf, even though it’s cheap. You have no idea what is in it, or how your body will react. Use a pure, therapeutic grade oil.
If your child is withering in pain, call the doctor, m’kay?*