I asked 31 bloggers the same 35 questions for my 31Days Series.
Here are their answers:
Shannon is one that I have admired for years through Pinterest and Facebook.
Her DIY’s always blow my mind, and she posts the best tutorials that totally leave you with the best knowledge on how to knock out a killer project, and save a dollar (or hundreds) in the process.
This is one that you definitely don’t want to miss, especially if you are wanting to update in style, a bit before the holidays, and not break the bank!
Interwebs, meet AKA Design:
1. A bit about yourself, where did you grow up?
I was born in the city, but since my Dad hated the city we moved further and further north. I ended up going to high school in cottage country – Muskoka, Ontario, Canada. Hubby and I moved to the city for work and school. One day we actually would love to live on acreage and have a workshop, etc.
2. Main subject of your blog?
DIY, crafts and life.
3. Was a design background something you were interested in when you were young?
YES! I wanted to be an interior decorator or architect, but a student adviser told me there were no jobs in it at the time. Lol. So I took graphic design instead. Which helped immensely with the blog! And I just finished and interior design course this spring. So I’ve got all the bases covered now!
4. Fall or spring?
5. If you could have a different profession, would you?
Nope. I love what I do!
7. What style do you usually post about?
Rustic, industrial, farmhouse.
8. What is a style that you are drawn to, but isn’t part of your normal material to talk about?
9. East Coast or West Coast?
Neither – in the middle!
10. Main go-to colors?
Whites, creams, grays, taupes. Warm neutrals.
11. Color combo’s you have been dying to try?
My daughter wants an orange and purple room. I’m still trying to figure that one out.
12. Antiques or new pieces of furniture and decor?
New made to look old. I love the look of old but don’t like the dirt (I know, silly) and I don’t want to pay a fortune for anything.
13. Avid DIY’er or would you rather buy it finished?
14. Favorite Music to work to?
Christian Rock. Newsboys, Press Play, Skillet, Building 429, etc.
15. Early Bird or Night Owl?
16. Eat in or Go Out?
Order in. Best of both worlds!
17. Coke or Pepsi?
18. Carpet or Hard Flooring?
Hard flooring with an area rug.
19. Country you want to visit?
Um since I’m in Canada with friends and family in the U.S. – the U.S.!
20. What do you do to unwind?
Watch Netflix with the hubby and a glass of wine.
21. Who is your Design Icon?
No one. I like a mix of so many different looks. I do love almost anything Restoration Hardware and Urban Barn though.
22. Outside or Inside?
Inside, looking outside. I don’t like bugs!
23. Piece of work that still makes you proud till this day?
Industrial shelving, dining room table, sliding barn doors, coffee table.
24. What is the movie that you can watch over and over and it never gets old?
I’m such a geek – Star Trek (all of them), The Proposal, White Christmas, Sleepless in Seattle…
25. Favorite Social Media Platform?
26. What movie character do you think you identity the most with?
27. Cupcakes or Cake?
28. Best gift you have ever received?
29. Best gift you have ever given?
30. Would you rather talk to or text someone?
31. Coffee or Tea?
Grande decaf soy white chocolate peppermint mocha. 🙂
32. One thing you cannot live without?
33. Favorite type of flower?
Black eyed Susans
34. Best thing about this year?
35. What are you most looking forward to in the upcoming months?
Christmas and the Holidays.