I asked 31 bloggers the same 35 questions for my 31Days Series.
Here are there answers:
I have followed Cassie from Primitive and Proper for just about as long as I can remember. Her style is something I really identify with, and I absolutely Love, Love, Love it.
She just posted this fabulous room makeover series that she participated in. She turned their playroom into this:
Seriously. I pretty much died.
Interwebs, meet Primitive and Proper:
1. A bit about yourself, where did you grow up? I grew up in a small town in New England- Wilbraham, MA. Growing up in an area like that cultivated my love of historical homes, hiking, Fall, apples. I currently live in Maryland with my husband, two kids, and two dogs in an area that much reminds me of my childhood and is also small town living at its finest!
2. Main subject of your blog? DIY, design, and random things that make me happy!
3. Was a design background something you were interested in when you were young? Not consciously! I always loved working with my hands and being creative. I never followed lego instructions and always built my own…. so I think the interest was always there but I had no idea. Of course, I wish I had known before I went to college. I studied English and Communication and can’t really apply them to the design world; but I can pride my blog in proper grammar. So there’s that.
4. Fall or spring? It’s not even a contest. Fall.
5. If you could have a different profession, would you? I love what I do, but I like to keep options open, too.
6. If so, what would that be? I would have loved to be a high school English teacher.
7. What style do you usually post about? I love eclectic style which runs a very wide range… basically I believe a home should be filled with things that speak to the owner’s soul, whatever it may be. I tend to gravitate towards bohemian, rustic, vintage, and a bid midcentury.
8. What is a style that you are drawn to, but isn’t part of your normal material to talk about? French- I adore French pieces of furniture and love to have them in a mix. I love a rustic space with that one glamorous French vanity or dresser, but I do not care for an entirely French space.
9. East Coast or West Coast? East, baby! I particularly love the coast of Maine!
10. Main go-to colors? Blue in its many various shades- aqua, navy, indigo….
11. Color combo’s you have been dying to try? Usually if I am dying to try a combo I go for it, so I can’t think of anything!
12. Antiques or new pieces of furniture and decor? Antiques or vintage!
13. Avid DIY’er or would you rather buy it finished? DIY’er! I love to do the finishing myself.
14. Favorite Music to work to? I love happy sort of folky girl music (which I know will make some people cringe!). I love the listen and work to Dave Matthews, Lennon & Maisy, Mumford & Sons, Taylor Swift, Civil Wars, Kenny Chesney.
15. Early Bird or Night Owl? Early bird for sure! I run most mornings at 6:00 am or so, and I am alseep by 10:30! My husband is a night owl- we are complete opposites! When we had babies, this was super convenient as he could do late nights and I could do early mornings.
16. Eat in or Go Out? I like to go out on occasion, I admit, but I also tend to be a major homebody, so I would have to say eat in.
17. Coke or Pepsi? I gave up soda a couple years ago, but when I have the thirst, I go for a diet coke!
18. Carpet or Hard Flooring? I love hardwood! With kids and pets, it’s easier to clean and I love the look of it.
19. Country you want to visit? I have so many on my list, but France is number one!
20. What do you do to unwind? I love to read before I turn out the lights; I also love to enjoy wine and music on the weekends.
21. Who is your Design Icon? Emily Henderson. If I could carry around a pocket sized Emily to come to the flea market with me that would be a dream.
22. Outside or Inside? Outside when the weather permits!
23. Piece of work that still makes you proud till this day? My kitchen backsplash! It was hard work, but so worth it!
24. What is the movie that you can watch over and over and it never gets old? Love, Actually and Gigi
25. Favorite Social Media Platform? Instagram (I love instant gratification! Find me at @primitiveandproper )
26. What movie character do you think you identity the most with? My husband tells me that I am Lesley Knope, not from a movie, but from Parks & Rec. I have to admit, I totally see it.
27. Cupcakes or Cake? Uuuuum ice cream.
28. Best gift you have ever received? My son was born on my birthday, and he was my first born, so I am going with motherhood.
29. Best gift you have ever given? Last year for Christmas I gave my husband a night away at a B&B on the eastern shore of Maryland. I arranged childcare, and booked it all without him knowing- it was so nice for us just to get away!
30. Would you rather talk to or text someone? It depends on the person. 😉
31. Coffee or Tea? Coffee, specifically Dunkin Donuts coffee!
32. One thing you cannot live without? My family. And coffee. Don’t make me choose between the two; they are both vital.
33. Favorite type of flower? I love simple daisies.
34. Best thing about this year? My brother and my sister in law welcomed twin boys into the world. I can’t wait to meet them!
35. What are you most looking forward to in the upcoming months? I absolutely love Fall and the onset of winter. I am looking forward to cozying up by the fire with my family, playing games, or watching movies. I’m looking forward to finally meeting my nephews at Christmas. And I am looking forward to completing my first half marathon this December!